Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Next Generation of TOEFL

ETS has declared that new toefl containing speaking ability will launch in next April in Taiwan. It's a good and a bad news for me. It is good that I am not affraid of speaking and bad that I don't have enough words to express what I want to discuss. I took TOEFL CBT twice and my score were so so - the graduate school may accept my application but may ask me to take one semester of English. Moreover, new toefl require that every test taker takes 30 - 45 seconds to organize the expression and then answer in 30 - 45 seconds. It is the key that you have to pay more attention to catch the key points and words from what you listen to. That is also one trouble to me because my duration of listening concentation is so poor and so weak that I can pay enough patience for a long lecture. In the past, I use my comprehesion to handle all english test. It works perfectly. Now, I acknowledge that I should use more vacabulary and speak them with good flexibility to survive in the new generation of toefl if I really want and prepare myself well for the study in US or in Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home